Subject: RIBC 2012: Qualifying Leagues|
Posted by: Guru
-  Thu, Feb 23, 2012, 16:01
Now that the RIBC managers have been named, it is time to work on forming the Qualifying Leagues.
We will again form two AAA leagues, plus as many AA leagues as are necessary to accommodate interested managers. Each AAA league will have 16 managers, and AA leagues will have at least 12 (preferably 16). The following managers will have first priority in filling the 32 AAA spots:
1. Teams finishing 8-16 in last year’s RIBC.
2. Teams finishing at least 10th in each the two 2011 AAA leagues
3. Teams finishing in the top seven of each of the two 2011 AA leagues. (For managers who participated in two leagues last year, the AA result was excluded from consideration.)
The following 34 teams/managers are qualified for a AAA spot in 2012:
RIBC 7-16 (9 teams)
AAA (13 teams)
AA 2-7 (12 teams)
Khahan was a AA commissioner last year, and will serve as Commissioner for one of the AAA leagues this year, to be hosted at Yahoo. Judy was a commissioner of one of the AAA leagues last year, and although she did not qualify to return to AAA based on league standings, she is granted AAA status because she was the highest finisher among the other returning QL commissioners. She has offered to commish the ESPN league this year, even though her experience has been with Yahoo.
There will be only 32 AAA slots available, so although the priority list includes 35 names, if all 35 wish to play, the last three to respond will be out of luck. (Historically, there are usually a few no-shows, so I don’t think that will happen.)
To the extent that we have additional openings available for AAA slots, any manager who played in a 2011 qualifying league may fill a remaining AAA opening, first come, first served. In other words, start a waiting list! Just bear in mind that we need 3 no-shows from the above list just to get to the waiting list.
We will also have as many AA leagues as necessary to fulfill the interest. AA leagues are open to managers not on the AAA priority list, including anyone who has not yet played in a RIBC league. Last year, we had 13 teams in one AA league and 14 in the other. Wolfer (ESPN) and Mike V (Yahoo) have agreed to serve as commissioners for these two AA leagues.
Each Qualifying League will use the “Draftime” software at Draftime.com for their draft. By using common software for all leagues, it will be easier to produce a consolidated draft analysis. RotoGuru.net will pay for all league drafts.
A few notes about responsibilities and expectations are warranted. If you wish to manage a team in a qualifying league, you should be prepared to meet these expectations:
1. When you sign up, you must provide a working email address so that you can be reached when needed. You should also check your league thread regularly, both before and during the draft. Nothing slows things down more than a manager who disappears.
2. You will generally be available during your league’s draft period. If your access is going to be limited, you will make reasonable efforts to use draft queues or designated pickers to keep the draft moving along. Assume that you should be available to draft from about the second week of March until the baseball season starts. The actual draft typically requires 12-15 days to complete, and during that time, you will need to be prepared to make picks every day, either directly or via queues.
3. You will observe appropriate “professional courtesy” and etiquette in all dealings with your commissioner and other managers in your league.
4. You will agree to remain active for the duration of the season. You will not abandon your team – even if early results are disappointing.
Every year, we have a slightly different sign-up process, so please read and follow these instructions if you want to join a league:
1. If you are on the qualification list (above) for a AAA league: If you prefer either Yahoo or ESPN, then sign up directly in the proper AAA commissioner’s thread. (They will be started shortly.) Be sure to provide a working email address.
If you have no Yahoo/ESPN preference, then sign up below, again with your email address. You will be assigned to whichever AAA league doesn’t fill first.
2. If you are not on the qualification list for a AAA league: If you prefer either Yahoo or ESPN, then sign up directly in the proper AA commissioner’s thread. (They will be started shortly.) Be sure to provide a working email address.
If you have no Yahoo/ESPN preference, then sign up below, again with your email address. You will be eventually be assigned to a AA league in order to assure the proper balance of teams.
If you would like to be on the waiting list for a AAA league if a spot becomes available, please indicate that below. You should still sign up for a AA league. If you are chosen for a AAA league, you can then withdraw from the AA league.
|1|| Great One|
Thu, Feb 23, 2012, 16:09
I'm back, ESPN
|3|| Seattle Zen|
Thu, Feb 23, 2012, 16:15
Damn, just missed the AAA cut. I would like to claim the first spot on the waiting list for AAA.
Thu, Feb 23, 2012, 19:18
put me in behind SZ for 2nd available slot...if available|
Thu, Feb 23, 2012, 23:04
Please add me to AAA waiting list, prefer ESPN if available.
Thu, Feb 23, 2012, 23:47
i would be interested in playing in the AA
Fri, Feb 24, 2012, 18:35
I'm in again. Prefer ESPN
Fri, Feb 24, 2012, 20:34
in for AAA i have no preference on ESPN or Yahoo
Mon, Feb 27, 2012, 10:00
Looks like the following people qualify for AAA and have not yet signed up.|
Some of these names I know very well and would be surprised if they did not participate. A few I'm not so sure about. But the Yahoo league has 4 slots left and the espn is also getting to about the same size.
Mon, Feb 27, 2012, 13:34
Mon, Feb 27, 2012, 13:35
|12|| Matt G|
Tue, Feb 28, 2012, 22:25
I'm in prefer yahoo, but ill do espn just to be in AAA.|
name is kemics on everything.
Wed, Feb 29, 2012, 04:51
I'm in again---prefer ESPN to Y!
Wed, Feb 29, 2012, 08:21
I'll get you the yahoo information a bit later today mattg. welcome back.
|15|| Building 7|
Wed, Feb 29, 2012, 08:28
Please add me to the AAA waiting list. I actually won that league one year, but have sat out a couple years.
Wed, Feb 29, 2012, 08:50
Ywk -- shoot me an email and I'll send you the ESPN invite later today|
Also sign in to the ESPN thread
Wed, Feb 29, 2012, 15:44
Yahoo AAA is full.|
We need 3 more for ESPN once ywk posts his email...
Wait List looks like:
Thu, Mar 01, 2012, 16:26
What draft order are we using - snake or the funny one we used last year. People need to know that before they pick their draft slot -- AAA Yahoo has begun that process...
Thu, Mar 01, 2012, 21:38
What funny one? We've always only done snake
Thu, Mar 01, 2012, 21:43
Never mind, I see it was answered in the AAA yahoo thread. Snake it is. You guys must be thinking of a different sport or baseball format other than RIBC.
|Rate this thread:||If you wish, you may rate this thread on scale of 1-5. Ratings should indicate how valuable or interesting you believe this thread would be to other users of this forum. A '5' means that this thread is a 'must read'. A '1' means that this is a complete waste of time.|
If you have previously rated this thread, rating it again will delete your previous rating.
If you do not want to rate this thread, but want to see how others have rated it, then click the button without entering a rating, or else click here.
Post a reply to this message: RIBC 2012: Qualifying Leagues