Forum: blurb
Page 236
Subject: Daily Blurb - January 24, 2011

  Posted by: Guru - [330592710] Mon, Jan 24, 2011, 12:00

Quote of the day
"90% of the earth is covered by water; the other 10% is covered by Troy Polamalu." -- ESPN analyst Merril Hoge

[Side note to Polamalu: Water only covers 70% of the earth, so you still have another 20% to look after…]

Daily blurb
Now we get to wait for two weeks before the Super Bowl is finally played. Wake me up on Feb. 6; until then, I won’t be paying much attention to football.

FanDuel is offering an NBA freeroll contest today. One (free) entry per person, $250 in prizes, spread over the top 14 finishers. If you are already registered at Fanduel, then go ahead and enter via the link on the FanDuel home page. If you are not registered, use the FanDuel link at the beginning of this paragraph (or the FanDuel banner above).

You can use the sortable stats as a convenient screening tool. Start with this link (sorted by FDP/G over the last 15 days), and then re-sort as you wish. The list is already filtered to show only players whose teams are active today.

As promised, GuruGolf was launched over the weekend. If you remember your login and password from last season, you can log in and start setting up your teams and rosters. If not, just register again. This week’s PGA tournament, the Farmers Insurance Open, will be a preseason GuruGolf event and will not count in the regular season standings. The regular standings will start with the first tournament in February.

Thanks to Gurupie gurudan for suggesting today’s quote.